ASSOCIATE SALES MANAGER - Northeast Region (Boston)
- Gain expert knowledge of assigned region’s supply, customers, carriers, and Become knowledgeable of TAC’s nationwide offerings and services.
- Actively prospect, generate qualified leads, and onboard new customers via cold-calls, referrals, email, social networking, and industry events.
- Work to meet or exceed sales volume and gross profit budget plans.
- Build lasting relationships with customer’s decision makers ensuring opportunities come our way.
- Form relationships with supplier’s regional reps for market intelligence and supply opportunities to meet customer demand.
- Understand the entire credit application and approval Be able to guide the customer through the process.
- Understand all aspects of a customer setup.
- Develop daily pricing strategies for assigned markets, products, and customers to win business while maximizing margin.
- Monitor and adjust product allocations, pricing, and sourcing for optimal supply control and liftings.
- Gain understanding of price benchmarks (Platts, Argus, and OPIS) and mechanisms (rack, contract, day deals, fixed, ). Be able to compare price options and assess risk elements between multiple pricing structures.
- Participate in customer bids by analyzing and preparing Follow internal bid procedures and leverage internal support as needed to execute successful bids.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with business and industry software.
- Effective communication skills to present, negotiate, and close with customers, suppliers, and other counterparties.
- Understand and follow company procedures, limits of authority, and brand standards.
- ASMs do not supervise other associates but ability to work well with team members and other departments is imperative.
- Self-starter, goal-oriented, and ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Aptitude for sales, customer service and success
Account ManagementSome Knowledge
Strategic PlanningSome Knowledge
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Goal Completion: Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
Bachelors or more